Individuals who want to apply to Crouse Hospital College of Nursing must complete the Application Process below. If you have any questions as you complete it please contact us at 315/470-7481.
- Complete the application form,
- Print and sign the student nurse position description.
- Mail the completed application form and the student nurse position description and $50 application fee (made payable to Crouse Hospital School of Nursing) to:
Crouse Hospital College of Nursing
736 Irving Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13210
- Arrange for the following required documentation to be sent to the Admissions Office:
- Official copy of high school transcript (required even if the applicant has attended college)
- Official copy of GED (if applicable)
- Official copy of External Diploma (if applicable)
- Official copies of standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, TOEFL) as indicated
- Official copies of all college/post-secondary transcripts (if applicable)
- Two completed reference forms
References should be professional or academic in nature. References from friends or family members are NOT acceptable. Reference letters from international applicants must be from individuals residing in the United States.
Applications for admission will not be considered until all materials are completed and submitted to the college. Applicaiton materials become property of Crouse Hospital College of Nursing and will not be returned.
After the initial review of an application by college staff, those candidates meeting all the admission requirements will be invited to take the Placement Exam. Registration information for the Placement Exam will be e-mailed to those candidates meeting the admission requirements.
A minimum level of proficiency must be achieved for application consideration. Applicants who place higher will receive stronger consideration. Applicants may repeat the placement exam as many times as they would like, but must pay the fee each time prior to taking the exam. At the time of the placement exam each applicant will also be asked to complete a written entrance essay. The topic will be given to applicant at the completion of the placement exam. Applicants may be required to complete an assessment of critical characteristics of nursing by Crouse Hospital department of Human Resources.
Application Deadline Dates
The Crouse Hospital College of Nursing admissions process is competitive and applicants are encouraged to apply early. All application requirements must be completed and received (NOT postmarked) prior to the deadline dates. The application deadlines are as follows:
Fall Semester: March 1
Spring Semester: September 1
If an applicant has not been in contact with the college for one year following the date of submission, the application will be deemed inactive and rmeoved from the admission files.
Please contact the main office at 315/470-7481 to learn more about Advanced Placement options. Applications are considered on a space available basis.