Vision: Pomeroy College of Nursing at Crouse Hospital will be a leading nursing program graduating highly qualified professional nurses committed to excellence.
The Pomeroy College of Nursing at Crouse Hospital's mission is to prepare a clinically competent professional nurse for hospital and community practice.
We achieve our mission by adhering to our core values. We provide:
Holistic and compassionate approaches to care by:
Excellence in education by:
- Assisting individuals to attain or maintain their optimum state of wellness
- Respecting clients as culturally diverse individuals within communities, groups and families
- Recognizing health as a dynamic state reflecting integration of mind, body and spirit
- Reflecting the characteristics of honesty, integrity, and personal responsibility
- Embracing the community that serves us as we learn to serve them
- Utilizing dynamic learning environments
- Being responsive to changes in healthcare
- Supporting student centered and practice based education
- Promoting life long learning and advanced education
- Encouraging interaction, exploration, and collaborative learning
- Incorporating evidenced based practice in multiple venues
Experience Nursing: Today, Tomorrow, Forever
The opportunity to obtain an Associate Degree in Applied Science with a Major in Nursing is here in Syracuse, New York. Pomeroy College of Nursing, located in the heart of the University hill area, is housed in the beautiful Harry and Lillian Marley Education Center, a contemporary, high-tech facility, across from Crouse Hospital. The college offers excellent preparation for a wide variety of nursing career opportunities. Known for extensive clinical hours and a sophisticated simulation center, students graduate with confidence in their ability to begin their career as exceptional practitioners in the field of nursing.
The college offers competitive tuition and is sensitive to the student who may be a new high school graduate or individuals seeking a second career. Graduates of Pomeroy have many options toward completion of advanced degrees and those actively seeking employment typically secure a nursing position within six months.
In 1991, the Marley Education Center was opened and currently houses the college of nursing. Pomeroy College of Nursing has a 100 year history of educating men and women to provide safe, effective nursing care. In 1997, the school was renamed Crouse Hospital School of Nursing to reflect the name change of the hospital. In 2015, the name was changed to Pomeroy College of Nursing. The College has approximately 5,000 graduates who have practiced nursing in the central New York region and around the country.
Once a three year diploma program, in 1990 the program was registered with the New York State Education Department as a two year associate degree program. Graduates are now granted an Associate Degree in Applied Science, with a major in Nursing. The college currently offers class and clinical during day and evening, as well as a 5-semester program, to meet the needs of today’s student.