Health Tip: Childproof Your Home03/18/14
(HealthDay News) -- Taking a few precautions to childproof your
home can help your curious little ones stay safe.
The University of Michigan Health System makes these
- Make sure that all blind cords are out of a child's reach.
- Make sure that your child never has access to plastic bags or
coverings; use only modern baby gates, to prevent serious
- Make sure that children cannot become trapped inside
refrigerators, freezers, dryers or other large appliances or
- Guard against TV and furniture tipovers.
- Keep children away from home exercise equipment and reclining
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.