Health Tip: Preparing to Become Pregnant02/28/14
(HealthDay News) -- If you're planning to become pregnant, use
this time to prepare for the challenges ahead.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
- Set goals and create a plan of action, and visit with your
doctor about preconception healthcare.
- Take a daily folic acid supplement.
- Give up all recreational drugs, smoking and alcohol.
- Avoid exposure to toxic or harmful substances.
- Lose any extra weight.
- Learn more about your family's medical history.
- If you are in a violent relationship, seek help.
- Seek treatment for any mental health issues.
Copyright © 2014
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.