Health Tip: Considering a Birthing Class?12/19/13
(HealthDay News) -- A birthing class can help settle any
pre-birth jitters and prepare first-time couples for the pending
The American Academy of Family Physicians says a birthing class
- Help parents learn about how a baby develops.
- Explain warning signs of a potential problem.
- Help parents develop a birth plan.
- Describe pain management, breathing and relaxation
- Suggest how partners or birth coaches can help.
- Describe how to identify when labor begins, and what to expect
throughout the labor and delivery process.
- Instruct parents about caring for and bonding with a
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.