Health Tip: Common Food Safety Mistakes07/01/13
(HealthDay News) -- Making sure food is safe isn't just good
practice, it can keep you from getting sick.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these
suggestions on the agency's foodsafety.gov website:
- Don't taste milk to see if it's gone bad.
- Don't put cooked meat back on the same plate that held the meat
- Don't wash meat, poultry or eggs.
- Don't eat food that contains raw egg, including raw cookie
- Don't put marinade that was used on raw meat on cooked
- Don't undercook meat, poultry or eggs.
- Don't skip washing your hands thoroughly.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.