Health Tip: Before You Dine at the Fair04/23/13
(HealthDay News) -- Fairs and festivals have lots of fun things
to do, and usually make you hungry by meal time.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reminds you
of these food-safety measures before you buy from a vendor:
- Make sure the vendor's workstation is clean and tidy.
- The vendor should have a way for workers to clean or sanitize
- The vendor should wear gloves or handle the food with
- The vendor should have a refrigerator or plenty of ice for
storing raw and pre-cooked foods.
- The vendor should be properly inspected and meet local safety
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.