Health Tip: Control Pet Allergies03/28/13
(HealthDay News) -- If you have pet allergies, there are steps
you can take to help control your symptoms.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences offers
- Limit pets to one area of the home (preferably without
carpeting or upholstered furniture), away from bedrooms.
- Give pets a bath each week.
- Wash hands and clothing after playing with your pet.
- Avoid animal waste when possible.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down surfaces frequented by pets.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.