Health Tip: Are You Overtraining?08/16/12
(HealthDay News) -- When it comes to exercise, as with any other activity, it's possible to overdo it.
The American Council on Exercise says if you feel more exhausted than energized after a workout, you may be overtraining. The council offers these additional potential warning signs:
- Seeing a decrease in performance.
- Experiencing a loss of coordination.
- Having headaches, stomach aches or other gastrointestinal problems.
- Having frequent infections and more frequent muscle or bone injuries.
- Having an elevated resting blood pressure and heart rate.
- Having tenderness or soreness in the muscles.
- Losing appetite or having trouble sleeping.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.