Health Tip: Help Kids Have an Active Summer07/09/12
(HealthDay News) -- It's summertime, and the living is easy for kids out of school. But parents should help their children stay active while the weather is hot.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how kids can enjoy a healthy summer vacation:
- Encourage kids to visit with friends in person, instead of chatting with them on the phone.
- Shut down the computer and video games, and have the kids go outside for a game of tennis, a hike or rollerblading.
- Enroll the kids in a community sports league or sign them up to run or walk in a 5k.
- Volunteer the kids for a summer camp, clean-up effort, community garden or project to build homes.
- Have the kids babysit and take their charges for bike rides or to the park.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.