Health Tip: Walk at Work05/25/12
(HealthDay News) -- There are plenty of ways to squeeze in
exercise and some social time at work without sacrificing
The American Council on Exercise mentions these suggestions:
- Skip the coffee/smoke break and ask a co-worker to join you for
a 15-minute walk.
- If you have a regular one-to-one meeting with a co-worker, make
it a walking meeting.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator, and see how many
co-workers will join you.
- Start up a workplace walking group to walk on breaks, during
lunch and after work.
- Visit a bookstore, gallery or museum for a stroll.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.