Health Tip: Caring for a Sunburn04/27/12
(HealthDay News) -- Sunburn can occur as quickly as 15 minutes
after exposure to the sun begins, and the effects can range from
mildly uncomfortable to quite painful.
The Nemours Foundation suggests how to help care for a
- Get out of the sun as quickly as possible.
- Take a cool bath or shower, or apply a cool compress.
- Drink plenty of extra fluids for two or three days after the
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen as needed for pain.
- Gently apply aloe gel or a moisturizing lotion.
- If you must go into the sun, cover the skin with clothing, or
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.