Health Tip: Start Migraine Care Immediately07/22/10
(HealthDay News) -- Migraines are severe headaches that may be
accompanied by nausea, vomiting and a sensitivity to light and
The National Women's Health Information Center offers these
suggestions for what to do as soon as migraine symptoms begin:
- Promptly take migraine medication that your doctor has
- Drink plenty of fluids, as long as you don't feel
- Lie down and relax in a room that's quiet and dark.
- Drape a cool cloth across your forehead.
- Gently massage the area of your head that's painful.
Copyright © 2010
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.