If you're looking for a unique and entertaining evening, join the Crouse Hospital College of Nursing Saturday, March 30, for Around the World: A Night of Cultural Unity. This celebration of the sights, sounds and traditions of varied cultures will include music, dancing, food and other engaging activities from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Marley Education Center, 765 Irving Ave. (corner of Waverly Ave). Tickets, availavle in the college office, are $10 for adults; $5 for students & children. Call 315/470-7481 for more information.
Proceeds benefit the college's Global Health Initiative, which will send a group of faculty and students to Guatemala for the second consecutive year.
Participating in the event are:
• Emerald City Scottish Pipe Band
• Maya Tribe Belly Dancers
• Butler-Sheenan Academy of Irish Dance
• Cathy Aber – Reiki & Raindrop Practitioner
• Liverpool Art Center - Drum Circle
• Irish Men’s Acapella Group
• Syracuse Taoist Tai Chi Society – Zen Center of Syracuse
• Turkish Cultural Center Society
• Women Transcending Boundaries
• Syracuse Japanese Cultural Group
• South Asia Center from S.U.
• Women of West Africa
• Light Food Samples from Around the World
• African Hair Braiding
• Henna Art and Binds
• Kimono Photos
• Gift Basket Raffles
• Silent Auction