|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||80% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||40 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Leeks, split in half lengthwise||6|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||3|
|Thyme sprigs||4 sprigs|
|White wine||1 cup|
|Pumpkin peeled||1½ pounds|
|Low sodium chicken stock||5 cups|
|Skim milk||½ cup|
|Fat-free half and half cream||½ cup|
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and garlic, stirring to coat with the oil.
- Continue until the leek is fragrant and soft, but not brown.
- Add the thyme, parsley, and bay leaves. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add the wine.
- Reduce to 2 tablespoons; add the stock and the pumpkin.
- Simmer until the pumpkin falls apart, 20-25 minutes.
- Discard the herbs. Puree the soup; add milk and cream.
- If soup is too thick, add a little more broth. Stir and serve.