Crouse Hospital has over 2,700 employees and a medical staff of more than 800 physicians. Today’s Crouse Hospital reflects a rich history of innovation, visionary leadership and strong community support dating back to 1887. We are licensed for 506 acute-care adult beds and 57 bassinets, and serve more than 23,000 inpatients, 65,000 emergency services patients and more than 150,000 outpatients a year from a 16-county area in Central and Northern New York. The hospital also operates the Crouse Hospital School of Nursing, providing nursing education to more than 300 students annually.
Our focus on exceeding the expectations of our patients and employees has resulted in numerous awards and recognition for the hospital.
In early 2004, a team of committed, engaged and passionate employees from all levels of Crouse Hospital came together in focus group sessions to identify values and behaviors that would form the foundation for the hospital’s culture. The Crouse mission, vision and values are not just words on paper – they provide the framework for how we provide care and services to our community. They are tools to help us work as a team, to guide us, to problem solve and to challenge ourselves constructively with one focus: our mission.
To provide the best in patient care and to promote community health.
To be a leading healthcare provider in Central New York by...
- being committed to excellence in all areas of our organization by anticipating and exceeding the expectations of those we serve: our patients and their families, physicians, employees, volunteers and other partners.
- building a dynamic work environment where all are valued, respected and are provided the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- developing and building on centers of excellence that support our mission.
- strengthening our relationships with other healthcare providers to enhance the continuum of care for those we serve.
- operating in a fiscally responsible manner that allows us to provide the best in patient care and technology.
Community - working together
Respect - honor, dignity and trust
Open and honest communication
Undivided commitment to quality
Service to our patients, physicians and employees
Excellence through innovation and creativity
A great hospital needs great employees to continually make it better. Crouse Hospital leadership knows that, and has put in place initiatives and events to recognize and thank our employees. We also invite feedback and ideas from our employees to help make Crouse the best it can be.
- Employee Recognition Week – A week-long celebration to thank our team members for their hard work and dedication.
- Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing team members for a job well done is tightly woven into the Crouse culture. Employees are recognized all year for going “above and beyond” with the Simply the Best (STB) awards program. The Crouse Choice Awards, our annual version of a Hollywood-style awards show, honors those “Simply the Best” employees who’ve gone above and beyond in service to our patients, physicians and co-workers
- Ideas for Excellence – An opportunity for employees to submit an idea to the CEO to initiate positive change in our organization
- Helping Our Own – An employee-funded donation program assists other employees having financial hardships
To learn more about Crouse employees and hospital programs and initiatives, take a look at our publications, prepared regularly for employees and our community.
We’re dedicated to the quality of life for our patients, employees and our community. For more than 120 years Crouse has been an active participant in the Syracuse community. As the largest not-for-profit hospital in the region, we offer a wide variety of services and specialties to meet each person’s health and wellness needs. We also take pride in being part of a community – working together. Our community connections touch people of all ages and backgrounds, most often through health screenings, community education and partnerships with numerous organizations including:
- Syracuse City School District
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- United Way of Central New York
- Catholic Charities
- Onondaga County Department of Health
- Aurora of Central New York
Crouse Hospital is led by a 10-member senior leadership team and Board of Directors. One of our key values — open and honest communication — applies to team members at all levels of the organization. Senior leadership encourages direct feedback and communication from employees, physicians and volunteers and seeks ideas that will improve patient care, quality and operational performance through the Ideas for Excellence program. Each idea is reviewed, evaluated for feasibility and, as applicable, put into place.
More than 87 percent of Crouse employees say they love their job. Meet several employees, from various areas of the hospital, who share — in their own words — what makes working at Crouse special.
Flash was not detected. Please download the free plugin
to view the quality videos.