Before you begin your new position at Crouse, you must complete a pre-employment assessment with our Employee Health Office. This is required to ensure all our employees are able to successfully perform their jobs, as well as to provide the best possible care and service to our patients.
Your Health Assessment Appointment
Your recruiter will schedule your Employee Health visit at the time of your employment offer. You will receive a letter confirming the date/time.
Employee Health is located on the 8th Floor of the Memorial Unit of Crouse Hospital, adjacent to the Human Resources Department. The phone number is 315/470-7424.
You may park in the Crouse Hospital parking garage, located across from the main entrance on Irving Ave. After your appointment, you can pick up a voucher at the Human Resources reception desk to cover the cost of your parking. If you’re running late on the day of your appointment, please call Employee Health at 315/470-7424. If for any reason you need to reschedule your appointment, please contact your recruiter.
For safety purposes, please do not bring children of any age to your scheduled Employee Health appointment.
When you visit Employee Health for your pre-employment assessment, please bring the following:
- Health History Form; please print and complete this form prior to your arrival.
If you are not able to complete this form ahead of time, plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete it.
- Driver’s License or other picture identification.
- Immunization Records, including documentation of:
- Prior PPD skin tests
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella vaccine)
- Tetanus status
- Hepatitis B vaccine history (vaccine required for all employees working in patient care areas).
- Parental consent form (if you are under age 18).
During your exam in Employee Health, our staff will complete the following:
- Hair Follicle Drug Screening: This screening is in compliance with Crouse Hospital’s drug-free workplace policy. During your drug screen, a hair sample will be obtained and tested. This sample will be selected from a small lock of head hair, cut at the root and visibly equal to ½ inch wide by 3 to 4 strands deep. If there is not enough head hair, an alternate site will be selected.
- PPD Skin Test (TB skin test): You will need to stop into Employee Health for a reading within 48-72 hours after this test. Your Employee Health provider will provide details.
- Fit Testing for TB Respirator Mask: For those with direct patient contact.
- Physical Examination: Completed to determine ability to perform the requirements and functions of your new position. Depending on your new position, you may also be required to complete a Job Matching Evaluation to demonstrate you are able to physically perform the requirements of the job.
- Immunization Analysis: An assessment of immunization status and the need for booster shots or titers.
All offers of employment are contingent on being cleared by Employee Health based on the above listed criteria. This assessment is completely confidential. Employee Health will not share specific information with the Human Resources department or your new department.